Saturday, June 15, 2013

Late Night Drive

Driving home from work
Thinking of everything that's gone wrong
Everything that is still going wrong
Tears run down my cheeks.
I don't want to go home
I just want to drive
I want to escape
I want to disappear forever.
I take random turns
Drive down random roads
Looking for somewhere safe
Somewhere I can be alone.
But there is no where
And no matter what I do
No matter how "random" I drive
I'm still heading in the direction of home
Realizing there is no other option.
"Lean on Me" comes on the radio
As I pull into the drive
Even after turning off the engine
I sit in the car
The song echoes in my mind
First I think it's mocking me
But maybe it's a sign
So I send out a text
And wait for a reply
With tears running down my cheeks
And when none comes
I wipe away the tears
Accepting that I am alone
Trapped in a life
With no one
No one but myself

No comments:

Post a Comment